Friday, December 25, 2009

Humpty Dumpty

It has been a long time since i posted on here about my goings on. With the holiday season following on the heels of my family health issues, and desiging a show for the Anoka Childrens Theatre's 20th Season, i have been a bit busy!
But here i am, back to tell you all about my adventures!
The first one is the one that gave me the most trouble: Humpty Dumpty

This costume soon became the bain of my existance.  The child had to be able to sit, so it cold not engulf him and make him a whole egg. He had other blocking, so we saw him in 3-D, thus he could not be a flad egg, that the child hid behind.  My original idea was to have a flat piece that the actor could hid behind (like in the photo)  and when he fell have him dressed as the egg yolk! I thought this was very cute and clever, they did not agree.                     

We decided to do a 3D egg, and decided to do it with the use of an egg crate - the kind you put on a bed.  Matt Lauer's costume from The Today Show a few years ago was the inpiration.

 
    I made the pattern, and fit the kid. But as i didnt have time to make the costume or the otpion of making it and sending it back from NYC.  So mom was hired to make the costume. With my fathers health issues, she didn't have time to do it and it was put off until 2 days before dress rehersal.   This left much to be done in not very much time.

While my fmaily gathered for Thanksgiving, I rushed to get the show ready. Sheila and Marlene got the egg ready.

Here are a few pics of Sheila and Marlene working on the egg:

                 After a few hours and a lot of glue, we got him together, and my sister, Erin, was kind enough to model it for me...

1 comment:

  1. Did you use any kind of frame inside or is it just the egg crate material? Do you have any finished product pictures?

    ReplyDelete