Sunday, January 31, 2010

I LOVE THIS DRESS



So I had this red linen left over from Babes in Toyland, it was used for Little Red Ridding Hoods cape. I didnt know quite what to do with it until I found the pattern for this dress.  The reason being two fold: I had enough yardage for it, and the example on the pattern sleeve was a wool tweed dress.





You might not be able to see it, but this is a very open weave and kind of rough linen in a bright cherry red.  it has a boat neck and deep V back.  Double darts in the high waisted skirt that has a slight A line gives the dress a little swing.  The bodice has an over drape gathered down int he center (I added the brooch where they suggested another bow - that was too much even for me).



What I love so much about this dress is the way it hugs the form! even without fitting it it hugs my size 8 dress form like they were made to go together.  I I am putting this dress on my etsy account today and hope it goes to a good home.

2 comments: